[governance] Blogpost: The Open (Internet) Society and Its Enemies: Can Multistakeholderism Survive "Information Dominance"?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Oct 18 09:31:26 EDT 2013

At 14:48 18/10/2013, michael gurstein wrote:

>Since I will only be able to participate in a few sessions of BB because of
>other commitments I've done up a blogpost with some of my thoughts/concerns
>
>http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/the-open-internet-society-and-its-e
>nemies-can-multistakeholderism-survive-information-dominance/
>http://tinyurl.com/ke9ulqc

I am glad the we eventually talk about the real field rather than
legal dreams. I felt alone at being the only one at counterwar!

MSism is to polycracy what voting is to democracy. Information
dominance is a polycratic phenomenon comparable to democractic
lobbying. I suppose the world can roughly handle it as such a
dominance is an unreachable and technically falsifiable objective
(you lose a lot of credibility and therefore influence on your allies
if you are shown wrong on one point, i.e. that your dominance is
uncertain). What is more worrying at this layer ignorance, corruption
and astroturfing on your own side.

Please also note that information dominance is by brute force on data.

Intellition, i.e. intelligent dot connecting between information
(soft force on connected data) is far more worrying. It may build
intellectually algorithmed "unrreals". This would then become
kafkaesque: the data could then become the structural support of
checked consistant "truth" of errors and misjudgments. This is what
one may fear from "algorithmic govenances".

One may prevent information dominance through security. One cannot
prevent intellition dominance (you cannot block the thinking of
someone or/and impeach him from being intelligent). Therefore, you
can only oppose external intellition dominance by disinformation
jamming, architectural precaution and proportional deterrance.

jfc