[governance] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Fadi Chehadé: Affirmation of Commitments needs to become contract between 'ICANN and you'

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Oct 17 12:00:54 EDT 2013

The clearest statement I have heard till now from ICANN that US
oversight is not acceptable... and that FoC is but a US gov contract

Much more than what many of the civil society are ready to say or commit to.

However, it is easier to talk about a contract between ICANN and people
than to come up with the actual means and processes of such a (social)
contract. But good to state the principles that then opens up thinking
and possible concrete proposals.

parminder