[governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Thu Oct 17 08:19:45 EDT 2013

Hi, this will not be true at all. The main topic of the meeting will
probably be something like the forms and ways to achieve
pluriparticipative international Internet governance, including, as the
Presidenta said, "an international framework of civil rights for the
Internet".

The "phone list" of the Internet is just a relatively small part of this
huge challenge. If the Icann people think otherwise, they will be in for
a surprise very soon. :)

fraternal regards

--c.a.