[governance] Bali airport construction

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Oct 14 00:53:31 EDT 2013

A few Bali hints for people arriving early -

Joana, there are taxis that charge you too much, but Bali is very cheap. If the fee is reasonable get your hotel to organise a pick up for you to be safer.

Not sure whether all visas are same cost ($USD25 for me) , but I think all are in US dollars. So to save time at airport bring some US dollars cash with you.

If you want to experience Bali, get out of Nusa Dua which is basically almost a gated community. Avoid Kuta unless you want to spend your time with drunken Australians.

If you want an adventure, google the bike rides from the volcano.  Downhill all the way, great ride, easy pedalling. If you have time experience Ubud at the artistic centre and some of the north of the island. Sanur is close by and a quieter beach/shopping alternative to Kuta.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and wish I had organised more time to experience Bali again. When you get away from the Kuta/Nusa Dua areas you can experience a very beautiful animist culture which I hope everyone gets some experience of.

Ian Peter