[governance] DC FoE meeting at Bali IGF

Angela Daly angelacdaly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 05:30:56 EDT 2013

The Dynamic Coalition on Freedom of Expression and Freedom of the Media on
the INternet will meet next Monday, 21 October (Day 0), at the IGF in Bali.

We will have three guest speakers at the meeting, namely:

Xianhong Hu from UNESCO, who will be talking about UNESCO's work in
promoting online freedom.

Andrew Puddephatt from Global Partners Digital, who will be presenting on
the challenges and opportunities of the democratisation of free expression
brought about by the Internet and an assessment of the current climate.

Sarah Clarke from PEN International, who will speak about the impact of
global surveillance on writers and journalists.

The meeting will take place from 1600 to 1800 in Uluwatu 5.

We look forward to seeing many of you there.

Angela