[governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Fri Oct 11 13:07:41 EDT 2013

When civil society writes too many letters to a person in short succession,
I am afraid they loose their force. As I wrote on the Best Bits list, CS
letters should be received with a mix of excitement and apprehension, I am
concerned that when we send a third, more detailed letter to President
Rousseff next week, she will simply receive it with fatigue.

Civil society is asking for seats at the table all the time. The point is
what we do when we get there. I think a more detailed letter in ten days
time will have more force.

Also because we don't have to sit still in the mean time. There are other
ways in which we can make evident to the Brazilian government that  we are
interested in working with them on this and support this idea, including by
communicating with them to find out more directly and by seeing whether we
can work with them on this through the IGF.

My two paise,
Anja

On 11 October 2013 22:04, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>
> > You are just making a general statement that caution and foresight is
> > good - and with such a statement who can disagree.... But here I
> > havent been told the risk - and beyond  a point, just about any
> > political act carries risk.
>
> Also, not acting when an opportunity presents itself carries
> more than just the risk of losing that opportunity, it carries the
> certainty of losing that opportunity.
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/