[governance] [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:02:28 EDT 2013

Raul,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Raul Echeberria <raul at lacnic.net> wrote:

> Carlos:
>
> I agree with you that the President Rousseff position is of course not based on the Montevideo statement. It should be very very arrogant to think that.

as well as not physically possible (unless you had a time machine).

My point to Carlos and MG was that the T&A are taking the lead on this
in the spirit of "continuing cooperation".

My reaction was also motivated by Jeremy saying;

"It also neutralises the effect of the old guard of the technical
community (ISOC mainly) at the Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation."

Which is 180 degrees different from my analysis. It seems to me that
ISOC and the other Montevideo signatories are stronger in the WGEC
becasue of these 2 events.

Would it be possible to disclose if the Summit was discussed in Montevideo?

--
Cheers,

McTim