[governance] Will participate remotely in the November WGEC meeting

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Thu Oct 10 16:03:52 EDT 2013

Hi

Since the IGC is one of those who put my name forward for the WGEC, I want to let the group know that I have notified the WGEC chair that I will be attending the November meeting remotely.

The meeting overlaps with the IETF meeting  (week of 4 Nov - I had notified the chair of the conflict earlier), and because the IETF meeting is going to kick off work that focuses a lot of attention on what can be done at the protocol level about PRISM and other assorted horrors, and because it is part of one of my day jobs, I will be attending the IETF meeting in person by day in Vancouver and will be attending the WGEC in Geneva remotely by night.

Fortunately they are 9 hours offset from each other so it should be temporally possible.

avri