[governance] "technical community fails at multistakeholderism". really?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:30:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Again, ARIN supports evolution of Internet coordination to enable
> governments to carry out
> their roles and responsibilities on international public policy issues
> pertaining to the Internet,
> and specifically asks that they should make their public policy goals both
> clear and high-
> level, recognizing that aids their consideration during development of
> global technical
> standards and practices that keep the Internet running.

I might note that while John was writing the above he was also running
a multistakeholder meeting ( can be viewed at:
http://kikaua.com/clients/arin/ )
and the topic being discussed while he wrote the above was actually a
proposal brought by a government rep.

In other words, ARIN is not just talking about, but actually
implementing EC at this very moment!

--
McTim