[governance] "technical community fails at multistakeholderism". really?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 09:19:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

<snip>

> The discussion started at least in 2004 with the WGIG, and now it is
> 2013...... People have been discussing all along. What is time period/ limit
> of discussions?

In addition to discussions, there have been real "substantial" concrete changes.

For example, instead of an MoU with the USG, ICANN now has the AoC.

In addition, there are many other MoU's signed with gov and intergov orgs:

http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements

http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/partnership-mous

The biggest change is that now due to changes in ICANN bylaws, the GAC
has effective "control" over what goes in the root.  Ask the folks who
applied for .gcc or .patagonia if you don't believe me!

--
Cheers,

McTim