[governance] Resignation (was Re: URGENT: Request for input...)

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Wed Nov 27 11:13:38 EST 2013

Norbert

I sympathize with you. You have my thanks for all the work you have done.

Everyone else

I just finished being involved with the nominating committee to nominate people from the IGC to the MAG. It was very refreshing to work with such a collaborative group of people. I had almost disengaged from participating on the governance mailing list because of all the personal attacks, vitriol, and lack of trying for consensus rather than insisting on personal views winning the day. This list will become increasingly irrelevant if this continues. We need to find a way to bring the list back to discussions rather than arguments. Working on the noncom showed me this can be done. There was a wide range of differing opinions but we all worked to find consensus. Lets do the same for the list at large. If we don't the list will very quickly self destruct and an important voice for civil society will cease to be heard.

Kerry Brown