[governance] URGENT: Request for input on civil society representatives for the "Panel on the Future of Global Internet Cooperation"

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 21:01:27 EST 2013

Dear All,

I will have to take a different view to Norbert.

Yes, there are seats for the steering committee that is expected to be filled by civil society. There was a suggestion by some that the seats be filled by a representative from a civil society group, however, there is no consensus on this yet.

Personal Recommendations for IGC Nominees to the Steering Committee

I am recommending that we as the IGC propose to co- select our representative onto this Steering committee and they do not have to be coordinators or leaders of the organisation but able to bring their expertise, and foresight into the steering committee and to consciously and constantly update us on developments in that space. To this end, I am thinking of two people namely:

1)Anriette E who is in the IGC and also from APC;
2)Vladmir R who is from Diplo;

My suggestion is to get Anriette and Vladmir to represent the IGC and their respective organisations in the Steering Committee. They are willing to be nominated by the IGC. How does the rest of the IGC feel about supporting these two for the Steering Committee?

I feel that the coordinators need to focus their energy into more immediate priorities. This will include providing support to the incoming co-coordinator, preparing the community to submit consolidated submissions for the Brazil meeting and many other things.

Kind Regards,
Sala

Sent from my iPad