[governance] Inter-stakeholder issues in a multi-stakeholder environment

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Nov 24 16:54:13 EST 2013

Mike, one of the times when I agree with you a lot, and ++1 to George's note below.

Your perspective is valuable here because of a technical background and even more, experience in hands on ict4d in community informatics.  But that makes you part of a relative minority in civil society that tends to frequent wsis.

The technical community is cross border and not all of the members of that community either represent their employers, or are even from countries or employers where snowden would be relevant as a supposed negative factor to weigh against them,  also, don't these disagreements and the steady erosion of engagement between the two communities (or parts of civil society) predate snowden,  a lot?

Even predate wsis to some minor extent though as you say wsis and petty arguments about time at the mike etc. as for Internet justice it sometimes means choosing battles you can gain consensus on to address first, that may lead to some worth, even highly important causes pushed on the back burner unless they get consensus from, and are advocated consistently, by organizations across stakeholder groups.

--srs (iPad)