[governance] WSIS+10 Zero Draft

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Sat Nov 23 12:52:24 EST 2013

WSIS follow-up has been a top-down exercise, driven by the ITU wanting to be in charge of it. UN agencies shouldn’t be driving policy decisions - what we need is a bottom-up based process, where each country’s stakeholders decide how to implement WSIS in their way, and then compare notes under the CSTD processes, reviewing as we go along with the UN agencies just providing their input on their particular responsibilities.

My hope is that a more bottom-up-based paradigm is what comes from the review.

All the best from Kathmandu, Nick