[governance] Re: [IRPCoalition] [bestbits] NEW - English Version of Brazilian Marco Civil Bill

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Nov 17 20:43:28 EST 2013

To be very honest both the data localization sections [which given the exigecies of routing, can mostly be on a best effort basis], as well as the parts on data retention (to keep in mind adequate protections against spam and hacking), would need some substantial technical input to determine the most feasible approach before they are signed into law.

I would strongly suggest reaching out to the local ISP technical community - possibly through LACNOG meetings where security practitioners will be around - ASAP, to remove any ambiguities and inconsistencies in the wording here.

--srs (iPad)