[governance] US industrial gangs in action - blown open by Wikileaks

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Fri Nov 15 07:03:44 EST 2013

Incredible, TPP recreates the same ACTA secretive plot played and
replayed by supposedly democratic governments. Neelie Kroes wrote last
year (according to Wikipedia):

"We have recently seen how many thousands of people are willing to
protest against rules which they see as constraining the openness and
innovation of the Internet. This is a strong new political voice. And as
a force for openness, I welcome it, even if I do not always agree with
everything it says on every subject. We are now likely to be in a world
without SOPA and without ACTA. Now we need to find solutions to make the
Internet a place of freedom, openness, and innovation fit for all
citizens, not just for the techno avant-garde."

Unlikely, Neelie, unlikely... This is driven by a giant multisectoral
trillion-dollar IPR machine led by the USA with heavy European
involvement affecting nearly all of our rights worldwide, and it will
not stop.

In our region, Mexico, wishing to be nice in the picture with the USA
and being more royalist than the king, proposes in the TPP that
copyrights last for a century instead of 70 years after death of the author.

Frankly, I do not understand Peru's Ollanta Humala involved in this.

So it goes...

--c.a.