[governance] DMP} Proposed letter on role of Brazil liaisons

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Nov 14 05:54:21 EST 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Is there any way for this opposition "on principle" to be reconciled
with the intention behind to proposed letter on the role of the
liaisons?

If not, full consensus will clearly not be possible on this matter,
and it may be appropriate to use the rough consensus process.

There was very strong support for what this letter has been proposed to
express among the IGC members who participated in person in the
relevant discussions in Bali.

The rough consensus process which is explicitly allowed by the IGC
Charter could be implemented for example by means of using online
polling software to determine whether there is an overwhelming majority
of IGC members in support of such a letter. According to the Charter,
such a rough consensus poll has to run at least 48 hours, then the
coordinators would jointly decide to interpret the result as "rough
consensus" or not. (That is of course a decision that can be appealed if
desired.)

But we should certainly discuss the matter first.

Greetings,
Norbert