[governance] Re: UPDATE: MAG NomCom and MAG nominees (Call for names) URGENT 2 Days to Go

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Nov 13 17:29:06 EST 2013

Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote, before the UK national lottery
draw took place:

> In view of the short timeframe, I will use TODAY's UK national lottery
> draw as random seed. [..] (the six "ball numbers" and then, entered
> separately, the number of the "bonus ball"). Five voting NomCom
> members and then three reserves will be selected in this manner.

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

The six "ball numbers" of today's draw were 4 6 15 23 36 44 and the
"bonus ball" was 11, resulting in the following random selections:

Selected as voting nomcom members:

*  6. Kerry Brown
* 24. JFC Morfin
* 19. Shaila Rao Mistry
* 15. David Cake
* 20. Deirdre Williams

Reserves:

1st reserve:  5. Jeremy Hunsinger
2nd reserve:  9. Ginger Paque
3rd reserve: 17. Chun Eung Hwi

Again, thank you all for volunteering, and congratulations to the
winners of the lottery. :-)

The next step is the appointment of the non-voting chair. According to
the IGC Charter, this is to be done by the coordinators "with the
advice of the IGC membership".

In view of the situation with the tight timeline, Sala's and my initial
thoughts are to look for someone from the list of volunteers (who was
not randomly selected as voting member) with nomcom experience, as those
who have volunteered have already expressed willingness to give up time
which is not easy at this time of the year with holidays and budget
preparation deadlines etc.

In any case, since the charter says "with the advice of the IGC
membership", there is a need to provide an opportunity for such advice.
However, in view of the tight timeline, we can assure that such advice
will be taken into account only if it received by Thursday Nov 14 noon
UTC. If you wish to provide advice, please try to post your thoughts
before that time.

Greetings,
Norbert

P.S. Again, the list of nomcom volunteers was: