[governance] Calls for Nominations for IGC Coordinator [2014-2016]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 01:19:26 EST 2013

Dear All IGC Members, Good morning from Pakistan,

I am thankful to Ms Deirdre Williams for nominating my name for the election of IGC Coordinator, even she had support from Ms Ginger and her name was also announced as candidate list.

I hereby accept this nomination and I will try my best to meet your expectations, if I am elected.

DISCLOSURE:
Although I believe that there is no limitation under
the IGC CS Charter as a requisite criterion for the candidate of coordinator election
to disclose his/her funding relationship, however, for transparency purpose, I would like
disclose that I have never obtained any kind of local or foreign funding for my
initiatives which includes Linguistic Internet Council, Urdu Internet Society,
Internet Governance Forum of Pakistan, and to lead working groups of Websphere
User Group, Tivoli User Group, Rational User Group, Technology Foresight
Project of ICT for Sustainable Development (National & Provincial
Committees), organizing BIRDS Pakistan as a think tank for innovative research, Activities related to MDG Forum 2010, Promoting
Information Security Professionals of Pakistan, Development of Common Hub for
ISOC chapter rejuvenation process in Pakistan and Organizing Workshop at APrIGF
2003 at Seoul. I have no funding source or do not charge any membership fee.

However,
I got ICANN’s fellowship to attend ICANN’s 36thSeoul Meeting in 2009
which mechanism is obvious for most of the IGC members. I also have avail support from International Islamic University, Islamabad to host IGF remote hubs in 2011 & 2012. Similarly I also have avail support from APrIGF to host IGF-PAK workshop at APrIGF 2003 at Seoul.

I also feel it important to mention that I am not able for any commitment (w.r.t. financial support to bear the expenses) for the participation in-person to attend forth coming foreign meetings of ICANN, IGF or IGC.

Thanking you and Best Regards

Imran Ahmed Shah

there has been a coordinator elections, there has often been
dissatisfaction with the candidates or selection of candidates. We would like to change the pattern this year and this was why we gave the community ample opportunity to start thinking about candidates. This
year, we started making early calls to start thinking about nominating
someone or standing for the elections for the 2014-2016 term.

>>We would like to invite you to consider standing by either nominating
yourself or if you think someone would be great for the task, please
liaise with them and nominate them on the list.