[governance] Re: [bestbits] DISCLOSURE REQUEST Re: Funding Available for Strengthening Civil Society...

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 02:19:51 EST 2013

Dear All,

I acknowledge the concerns raised by Norbert and others in terms of
defining civil society however where it is complex. Iconcur with Anja's
views on this matter. each context differs and civil society is diverse and
you cannot box them into and segment it into neat little packages because
it is relative to context and context differs. Global civil society is
complex. We should be building bridges not "burning them".

The question that Kivuva asked was in response to my suggestion for a
framework for various civil society organisations. I think the discussions
including the initiation of a new thread is a distraction from more
important core issues that we should be focussing on like:-

1) getting volunteers for the NomCom to select the MAG;
2)getting volunteers for the MAG
3)consolidating our position in terms of discussions on what we want to
submit before the deadline for Rio and initiating discussions on the Agenda
etc which was already started by Norbert in another thread;
4)Following and assessing the WGEC and ITF88 outcomes;
5)Identifying any issues that CS may have for ICANN in Buenos Aires for
those participate in that space (all rights reserved and caveats in place
for those who do not wish to engage with ICANN)
6)Debrief on the IGF in Bali ; etc etc

I would respectfully suggest to Norbert and others if we could agree to
differ the dialogue to a later time as some topics can be left to a later
stage to discuss whilst we sort oursleves out. What are your thoughts?

Warm Regards,
Sala