[governance] MAG Renewal

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Fri Nov 8 13:13:20 EST 2013

Hi Sala,

the idea to coordinate civil society applications for the MAG has been
discussed in previous years. The problem is that civil society around
the world is much less organized than businesses. I don't see on what
basis we could deny someone the right to put her name forward to the IGF
secretariat. Neither bestbits nor the IG causus has any authority to
monopolize the application process.
Support by IGC/bestbits processes is likely to increase chances to be
selected. Isn't that good enough under given circumstances?
jeanette