[governance] MAG Renewal

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:13:45 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:

> +1 Sala. If we are working for the common good of all, this is the way to
> go.
>
> Some Questions:
> 1. How easy is it for the consolidated CS to reach a consensus?

[Sala: This is a very good question. The reality is that no civil society
organisation can purport to represent the views of all civil society.
However the critical thing to note is that in this instance this is not
asking for consensus of views on substantive policy matters but are more to
do with administrative matters pertaining to selection of civil society
representatives. I am not sure how open they will feel about consensus
amongst civil society organisations on fielding names for committees such
as the MAG etc. But it's worth a shot. ]

> 2. Do all CS groupings represent the same interests?
>
> [Sala: They clearly don't and would be governed by their respective
articles or objectives as we are governed by the Charter, However, because
we share more common features than other stakeholder groups, it makes sense
to have cohesive collaborative framework for things like:-

1) MS Selection processes;
2)Joint Initiatives - Advocacy on mutual issues and priority areas

Regards