[governance] NET NEUTRALITY AND MORE

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Mon May 27 09:15:46 EDT 2013

For us in BR the cases she reports are yet another reference to compare
with similar oligopolistic practices of the European telcos (and a
Mexican...) here, with similar consequences regarding pricing, quality
at the edge, and imposition of traffic-manipulation packages, absurd
"triple-play" rules etc.

Just had an opportunity to check how this is going in Canada. The policy
of "four players in each market" of the Canadian gov was destroyed by
the three big players (Rogers, Telus & Bell) who run along the likes of
Comcast etc; the last rites were given by the demise of Mobilicity.

frt rgds

--c.a.