[governance] The danger of blindly trusting the technocrats

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun May 26 05:59:34 EDT 2013

Equally, people with purely a policy or political background are going to be just as poor in predicting consequences.  Either due to a lack of awareness of operational reality, or a skewed perspective, or both.

There are comparatively very few people with both technical AND policy knowledge, and while the cross fertilization between these two streams happens, it doesn't happen as often as I would wish .. and at least in some sections of civil society's eyes such cross fertilization produces "tainted" people.

You know .. suspect corporations of mens rea, suspect people who associate with or work for those corporations as being evil corporate stooges who are only working for their employer's selfish interests etc etc, one false premise built on another till a very shaky pyramid of pure hostility takes shape.

--srs (iPad)