[governance] IGF MAG Meeting

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu May 23 10:23:20 EDT 2013

Sorry for not reporting much, though I believe some of you have
participated in remote participation thing,

Now, we have worked on the workshop selection in the morning, and
discussing the Overall theme and all main themes.

The following is the one suggested by the Chair, and most of the
participants, MAG members show support, except a member from Chinese
government has been proposing not to introduce new elements, but stick with
old main themes.
----------

Building Bridges: Enhancing Multi-stakeholder collaboration for growth and
development

(Access and Diversity): Internet as an engine for growth and sustainable
development

(Openness) Human rights, freedom of expression and free flow of information
on the Internet

Internet Governance principles

(Security) Legal and other frameworks: Spam, Hacking and Cyber-crime

Principles of Multi-Stakeholder Cooperation

Enhanced Multi-Stakeholder Cooperation
-----

The central point seemed to be Human Right and Freedom of Expression to be
included as Main theme, but not explicitly or directly opposed to. Markus
is trying to close the discussion and if we do not agree, he will report
this result to New York.

Izumi