[governance] NomCom for the Appeals Team: Update

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed May 22 20:33:56 EDT 2013

Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> I would propose Izumi san as the non voting chair

I agree that he would be a very good choice for this role. However:

While my understanding of the charter is that it is not specified
whether the non voting chair is one of the five persons who were
randomly selected from the pool of volunteers, or someone else, I
believe that it is customary to appoint someone as non voting chair
who is not one of those who were randomly selected. One benefit of
this approach is that reaching a decision can be easier with five
voting members than with an even number of voting members such as
four.

Carlos Vera Quintana <cveraq at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. First time in live I get some lottery...

Special congratulations to you then... you got the "slot 1" even (not
that it matters, really.)  :-)

Greetings,
Norbert