[governance] The noose is closing on global Internet and other enabled tax dodging

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed May 22 03:28:45 EDT 2013

Given that you put civil society in quotes I suppose you doubt their
credentials to be identified as civil society

That bit of innuendo aside, I for one don't particularly like the practice
but I would like to call your attention to three things

1. Tax avoidance, unlike tax evasion, is not a crime

2. This appears to be exclusively a dispute between various national tax
authorities and multi national companies

3. More to the point, I fail to see any particular relevance of this issue
to internet governance so i would be glad if you could go into more detail
on that aspect

--srs (htc one x)