AW: [bestbits] Re: [IRPCoalition] [governance] Request for comment on proposal for IGF multistakeholder opinions

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun May 19 06:31:55 EDT 2013

This was actually much better at ITU about seven or eight years back - before and possibly shortly after Athens.  The level of engagement and capacity building focus seems to have dialed itself down dramatically [for reasons that might or might not correlate with, shall we say, a change in management there]

If the ITU were to turn its talents, its capacity to hire external experts and its reach in every economy in the world, to a much more active role in capacity building and engagment,  instead of working to gain control .. that unfortunately more and more appears to be a pipe dream :(

--srs (iPad)