[governance] use of Internet for making peace in the world (was Re: Request to stay on topic)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri May 17 05:29:17 EDT 2013

Kossi Amessinou <amessinoukossi at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I call our responsability on the use of Internet for making peace in
> the world! Are we ready to work for that? I think yes!
[..]
> I wait for all suggestion!!!!

My suggestion is to start this important work with a focus on two
specific key challenges: Poverty and greenhouse gas emissions.

For the specifics of my suggestion, please refer to my Internet-Draft
draft-bollow-wisdomtaskforce which is also published on
http://WisdomTaskForce.org

In addition to these two key "peace" challenges, WisdomTaskForce will
also from the beginning do some work on Internet governance topics,
which are arguably less important in themselves, but may be important
for the development of WisdomTaskForce itself by attracting people who
are experienced in Internet-based consensus processes such as those
conducted regularly e.g. at IETF, at the RIRs, and in the FOSS
movement.

Greetings,
Norbert

** Acronym expansion
IETF=Internet Engineering task Force
RIR=Regional Internet Registry
FOSS=Free and Open Source Software

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person