[governance] Fwd: [igf_members] MAG Renewal

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed May 15 16:13:18 EDT 2013

In message <CDB93111.1E77A%kerry at kdbsystems.com>, at 19:36:33 on Wed, 15
May 2013, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> writes
>There are a lot of differing viewpoints at an ICANN meeting. If you
>only stay in one constituency you may come away with a distorted
>perception of what the community thinks of an issue.

One strategy is to follow the board around, during their tour of various
silos/constituencies. But that suffers from the problem that what you
hear is severely sanitised, rather than the "raw input" you'll get when
the Board isn't in the room.

Of course, if you have several weeks to dedicate to the task you can
catch up with almost everything via the archived webcasts.

I'm not sure how many people do that though, because they have other
things to do, meetings to attend. It's almost as if each silo needs a
full time policy research secretariat to keep it up to date with what's
happening elsewhere in ICANN.
--
Roland Perry