[governance] [] MAG Renewal

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed May 15 09:41:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

That is a really good question.  I think the MAG should review them and start working on them. Whether they constitute commands to the MAG or recommendation its possibly a sticking point. I think there should have been a consultation on the improvements and then there should have been implementation.  As far as I know, since  the CSTD WG was closed semi-multistakeholder group, there has never been a consultation on the 'improvements'.

There should be a consultation.  But also, the improvements should not be ignored.

But it think the starting presumption should be that the recommendation will be accepted unless there is a really good practical/implementation reason for not doing so that passes a multistakeholder sniff test*.

Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

>Must the IGF adopt all the recommendations of the WG on IGF
>Improvements?  Not clear on their status.
>
>Has there been adequate (open, transparent, inclusive) discussion of
>the WG's recommendations?
>
>Adam

Avri Doria