[governance] Digital restrictions management in HTML standards

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Wed May 15 07:57:23 EDT 2013

Great!!

fraternal regards

--c.a.

------------
C. A. Afonso

-------- Mensagem original --------
De : Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch>
Data: 15/05/2013  7h11  (GMT-03:00)
Para: governance at lists.igcaucus.org
Assunto: Re: [governance] Digital restrictions management in HTML standards

Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

> Who in our caucus is participating in WWW 2013 in Rio? There will be
> workshops on this issue.

Carlos, thank you so much for pointing us to this!

I have written to the organizers and asked whether these workshops
would be webcast, and they've written back saying that yes, starting
from today all sessions in the room "Alhambra I" (which includes both
of the sessions related to the DRM issue) are webcast. (This seems to
be not reflected on the website yet.)

The relevant sessions are:

Panel on “On line, collaborative, open Platforms for video on the web”
Thursday, 16th, 18:00 -> 19:00 Rio de Janeiro time
http://www2013.org/program/panel-on-on-line-collaborative-open-platforms-for-video-on-the-web/

Talking about DRM
Friday, 17th 17:00 -> 18:30 Rio de Janeiro time
http://www2013.org/program/talking-about-drm/

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and contructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person