[governance] Re: [bestbits] Comments asking ICANN to deny application for .pharmacy registration

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon May 13 11:22:32 EDT 2013

parminder [13/05/13 19:19 +0530]:

>But ok, let me give the IO the benefit of doubt... If the IO is
>indeed right that he cant object as per the limited criteria laid by
>ICANN for objections,  than ICANN has to be wrong, Wrong in
>developing inappropriately limited criteria which can be grounds for
>objection against TLD allocation... Both cant be right!

Do you propose that ICANN act as a censor? The same "public good" argument
that you appropriate for this objection has been used by many other
objectors, objecting to far more innocuous applications - which could
themselves be seen to represent a public good like, say, free speech.

>interest. This over zealous in-group solidarity is one of 'ICANN
>community's' biggest failings.

Or, perhaps, there is actually a consensus, but you happen to be part of a
minority that does not share it.  Just like in this community, come to
think of it.

	srs