[governance] Statement on WTPF

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon May 13 05:27:29 EDT 2013

Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> On 13/05/2013, at 10:44 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
>
> > by what day and time should a potential IGC decision to endorse this
> > have been made, in order to still be maximally useful?
>
> The WTPF begins tomorrow, so, by the end of today.  As this may not
> be feasible, the option of individual endorsements remains.

Given that I've issued a formal "with hat on" call on Friday to voice
any opposition, and no opposition has been voiced since then, I think
that it may be appropriate to proceed to set the latest reasonably
possible deadline and declare it a decision if no opposition is voiced
by then.

If however someone opposes, it is true that we won't have time to have
any process for trying to resolve the concerns that would be raised,
and/or have a rough consensus process, so in that case IGC won't be
signing on.

BTW for specificy, the statement is at http://bestbits.net/wtpf-2013/

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and contructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person