[governance] Geneva

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed May 8 09:59:32 EDT 2013

Hi

In years past it was the practice before the May meetings to ask who is going to be in Geneva when, try to organize a caucus or CS meeting, maybe do a joint statement about something, and so on.  Is anything along these lines contemplated for this year?  We have stuff going on over a four week period:

The WSIS Forum 13-17 May @ ITU
The WTPF 14-16 May, with a pre-event on the 13th @ the Conference Center*
The GigaNet Workshop, "The Global Governance of the Internet: Intergovernmentalism, Multistakeholderism and Networks" at the Graduate Institute, 17-18 May
[with wine festivals and other stuff in the region the weekend after]

The IGF Open Consultations and MAG meeting 21 to 23 May @ EBU
[more wine festivals etc the weekend]

The secret WGEC meeting 30 to 31 May @ the Palais
[no festivals]

The CSTD's 16th Session 03 to 07 June @ the Palais

*I was just looking at the documentation for the ITU's WTPF 14 to 16 May and note that there's only one civil society submission (from D. Brown, A. Doria, N. Nwakanma, M. Shears) and the ISOC submission.  Probably the caucus would be unable to reach consensus on something related to Draft Opinion 6: on supporting operationalizing the enhanced cooperation process.  But one would have thought that some comment on Draft Opinion 5: Supporting Multi-stakeholderism in Internet Governance might have been possible….

Anyway, just wondering

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake