[governance] Teacher teasing 2013

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:48:27 EDT 2013

Can anyone offer some insights about something that really happened?
I am based in a very small country - Saint Lucia - but in so far as it is
possible I am deliberately obscuring the details of this story in an
attempt to protect the "victim" from further annoyance.
A couple of weeks ago someone set up a social media account (Twitter or
Facebook, I'm not sure which) in the name of a senior teacher at one of the
local schools. The comments and photographs proclaimed the sexual successes
with colleagues within the school community of the purported owner of the
account.
When this came to light the purported owner "went ballistic" and threatened
investigation by the FBI and long terms in prison for the perpetrators. The
junior school is reported to be terrified. Meanwhile another member of
staff, working with a student, has managed to deactivate the offending
account.
A friend contacted me to ask - "Could the FBI ...?" " Can someone else
deactivate another person's account?" ...
Can anyone offer an opinion?
Deirdre

--
“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979