[governance] Responding to elist aggression was Re: [] Final composition ...

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Mar 31 11:44:42 EDT 2013

On 30 Mar 2013, at 20:47, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> In such cases there are only two alternatives left, completely disengage, which would involve leaving those views unchallenged and that'd not be in the est interests of the caucus, or oppose them further, which sets up the sort of vicious cycle that you noted.

what i am trying to learn to do, and part of my reason for a self imposed 3 messages rule (that i sometimes transgress), is to

1. meet the arguments head on,
2. explain & refute any misunderstanding if possible
3. last cleanup

And then disengage.

For me, the hardest part is learning to give others the last word even when they are saying things that I interpret as mean to me and to my friends and others i repsect.