[governance] Fwd: Final composition of the CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Fri Mar 29 04:23:45 EDT 2013

On 03/27/2013 08:52 AM, McTim wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
> <suresh at hserus.net>  wrote:
>> There is an individual identified from a university in Senegal.  Do university administrative staff not qualify as "academic community"?
> Alex is not just admin staff of the Uni, but a great teacher and
> network builder in West and Central Africa.  Last time I saw him he
> was waiting all night for a flight to ouagadougou to teach at the Uni
> there.

Admin staff of a University as the sole* 'academic community'
representative on the WG? I think the academic community would find this
quite absurd.
(* I am waiting to hear from the focal point for T&A community on who
are the academic community representatives in this group)

> In any case, here is a rejoinder from another IT for Change complaint
> about CSTD politics:
>
> http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2013/03/reflecting-my-role-interim-chair-open-consultations-and-mag-meetings

McTim, can you please point to when and where did IT for Change complain
against appointment of Markus as the interim chair.... In one earlier
occasion, I remember, you had levelled unfounded allegations against
Parminder on this list, and when he challenged you to substantiate, you
just did not respond.

Also, what does CSTD have to do with IGF appointments? Kindly avoid
bringing in red herrings to deflect from the
serious_issue_of_the_legitimacy_of_the_selection_process_for the T&A
community for CSTD WG.

Guru