[governance] Durban & Tunis

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Wed Mar 27 16:58:17 EDT 2013

Grande Wolf, I might have missed something, but the official Tunis WSF
agenda shows only one activity (of a total of 962!) on Internet issues,
which is this one:

------------------

March 29 -- 13h00-15h30
Surveillance and Politics on the Web
World Wide Web Consortium
Salle : I104

Description
The Web is increasingly central to our lives and the future of struggle.
In order to resist repression, it is increasing critical to secure our
Web connections against digital surveillance. This workshop will begin
by giving a basic overview of how ordinary people can use the Web and
related services more securely via encrypted email, VPNs, and Tor. The
Web is also increasingly important to understand as a terrain of
political struggle, and central to how capitalism transforms itself in
order to overcome its current crisis. So we will discuss how Internet
Service Providers, telcos, and companies like Google, Facebook, and
Twitter are profiting from our personal data and how this can form the
basis for a new political struggle.

Mot clé:
web internet security rights digital surveillance
Activité étendue:
Votre activité sera à organisée à Tunis mais vous seriez intéressés à "
l’élargir " grâce à Internet

The communication commission of the WSF is mainly focused on community
radio issues.

frt rgds

--c.a.