[governance] Aaron Swartz Prosecutor Carmen Ortiz Admonished In 2004 For Aggressive Tactic

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 02:24:48 EDT 2013

The same aggression on intellectual property that "killed" Swartz is
also responsible for the preventable morbidity and mortality of Africans
living with HIV, countries prevented from using their legal rights to
copy patents for public health reasons... and now the USG is taking on
India for use of such legal rights, while pressuring Antigua not to act
on an online gambling WTO judgement to cross retaliate on intellectual
property rights in a case it won. So much for international law
disciplining naked power politics. But like with the financial crisis,
the US mantra is, don't interrupt me when I am making money?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/aaron-swartz-carmen-ortiz_n_2951478.html?utm_hp_ref=business&ir=Business#slide=1983332