[governance] Message to the IGC [Mailing List to Discuss Workshop Proposals]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 07:06:15 EDT 2013

Dear McTim,

The specific mailing list to discuss workshop related matters is a matter
of administration so as not to lose the multiple threads that have been
emerging from the robust and diverse discussions.

It is also to allow breathing space on the IGC list for other things that
are coming up shortly that will require attention and as you can imagine
all subscribers are busy people in their own right.

This is part of administrative efficiency which we as coordinators
exercised our discretion to do so.

Hope this clarifies things.

Kind Regards,
Sala

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't recall us reaching consensus on whether this was a good idea or
> not.
>
> Did I miss that?
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
>
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:08 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
> <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Warm Greetings from Fiji!
> >
> > I trust that this email finds you well and in excellent health. As
> promised,
> > we have created two mailing lists for the purposes of focusing the
> > discussions on issues in relation to the Workshop Proposals. The two
> > specific mailing lists are:
> >
> > WS1IGF2013 at igcaucus.org  [To discuss Workshop Proposal 1]
> >
> > WS2IGF2013 at igcaucus.org [To discuss Workshop Proposal 2]
> >

> > Should you be interested in subscribing to either of these mailing lists,
> > please let us know by sending us a message on <coordinators at igcaucus.org
> >
> > and advise us which mailing list you would like to subscribe to. It
> would be
> > helpful if you placed WS1 or WS2 in the Subject Header or if you wish to
> > subscribe to both, then put WS1 & WS 2 in the Subject header.
> >
> > As mentioned in the previous update, these mailing lists will allow for
> > dedicated and focused discussion on the kinds of issues that should and
> > could possibly be teased out.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala