[governance] Blogpost: Multistakeholderism vs. Democracy: My Adventures in "Stakeholderland"

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Mar 22 01:13:49 EDT 2013

On Friday 22 March 2013 03:26 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Well yes, that was my point. You are going to find the usual suspects from each of these communities, and that makes it a few dozen each.

Which is like saying that since the US only has had men presidents, it
hardly matters if an official election document says that only men can
apply to be the US president. Once again, use of such completely
meaningless justifications only proves the point - their is a rather
blatant capture at the top of what gets called as 'tech acad community'
and those who believe in norms and practives of democracy must protest
against it, and do all that they can about it. Because this capture
impacts how Internet is evolving and will evolve - it greatly impacts
our lives, and the lives of all those 'who cannot be here'.

I know I have again committed a big sin. Criticized a powerful and
(therefore) loved ally. We are here allowed to criticise only
governments, that too basically developing country governments. And if
some say well, at times these developing country governments may have  a
point, then roundly thrash them too. That is the 'resident politics'
here.  Dont stray from the party line! strict warning!.