[governance] Blogpost: Multistakeholderism vs. Democracy: My Adventures in "Stakeholderland"

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 13:34:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to add one point, my references to the current CSTD process in the
> blogpost were meant to be illustrative only i.e. one practical example of
> MSism "in action" when put under some stress/challenge.

What gives you the impression that the CSTD is a MS body?

> My larger point was what precisely was Ambassador Kramer pointing to when he
> mentioned MSism 17 times in his closing comments at the WCIT?

not the CSTD I think!!

Look, here's the latest in EC activities by the T&A:
https://www.ripe.net/internet-coordination/news/about-ripe-ncc-and-ripe/ripe-ncc-hosts-brussels-roundtable-meeting-for-governments-and-regulators

This is not MSism either, this is EC.

When the RIPE community decides on IP address policies in an open,
bottom up consensus driven manner, where ALL are welcome to voice
their opinions and have equal say, then THAT is MSism in action.

When the RIPE NCC (the Secretariat for the RIPE Community) holds a
roundtable to help educate government folk and exchange views, that is
EC not MSism.  See the difference?

--
Cheers,

McTim