URGENT Re: [governance] Workshop Proposals - a few days to go

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:13:04 EDT 2013

While I think that this initiative is worthwhile and would like to see it go
forward I think that the recent interactions concerning "stakeholder
selection" raise rather more fundamental and dare I say "existential" issues
which also or even prior, need to be addressed. Would it perhaps be possible
to envisage a parallel workshop that might address some of these issues?

Thus for example,
	1. what is the definition of a "stakeholder" (stakeholder group?--is
there a difference?)
	2. who gets to define/ratify the
definitions/inclusionary/exclusionary covenants for individual
stakeholders/SG's
	3. is there an appeal/review process re: these covenants
	4. what is the process of evolution/change of these stakeholder
covenants and how is the process governed/managed and by whom
	5. how are internal governance process within stakeholder groups
determined/ratified and how is this process itself governed and by whom
	6. what is the relationship between individual stakeholder groups
and associated organizational (focal) structures--is this a necessary or
contingent relationship and if contingent what are the factors governing
such contingencies
	7. what is the relationship between SG's, Focal organizations and
non-Focal SG members--and how is this governed and by whom
	8. how is the significant disparity in available resources for
internal operations/management and external participation/representation
handled so as to ensure some degree of equitable opportunity for the various
stakeholders
	9. other...

Mike