[governance] 2013 IGF workshop proposals (was Re: COMMENTS SOUGHT: draft letter...)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Mar 19 04:27:34 EDT 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> On the other two topcis: would be good to see text proposed and
> discussed so the coordinators can announce the text 48hours before the
> deadline and decide if there's consensus or not.

Sure we can do it that way if desired. Besides proposal text, each
proposal also needs at least one volunteer willing to do the work of
actually organizing it.

Alternatively, workshop proposals can also be handled without formal
consensus process simply on the basis of informal discussions (or
even without them) and someone submitting a preliminary workshop
proposal on the IGF website.

Greetings,
Norbert