[governance] CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Mar 18 10:52:36 EDT 2013

hi,

I tend to think the whole Technical and Academic community issues was really due to a misnomer.

Definitionally EC is between entities:
  - those responsible for managing the critical Internet resources
  - the rest of those interested in Internet governance.

While Governments sometimes try to maintain that it is solely between them ad the Organizations responsible for managing the critical resources of the Internet,  some of us contend that it is broader and it between all the Tunis Agenda defined SGs and the Organizations responsible for managing the critical resources of the Internet.

Whatever the case, though it is between 2 groups the Organization responsible for managing the critical resources of the Internet and the other SGs.

When I read Technical and Academic Community in the context of CSTD EC WG, I thought "Organizations responsible for managing the critical Internet resources".

If it is not them, then are we really talking about a WG that will discuss EC without the party we need EC with being in the room?

avri

CSTD - Commission on Science and Technology for development
EC - Enhanced Cooperation
WG - Working Group