[governance] COMMENTS SOUGHT: draft letter to ISOC on selection of T&A nominees for CSTD WG on EC

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Mar 17 16:01:39 EDT 2013

So much of this conversation is becoming unproductive (particularly that in
response to Constance's letter) that I almost feel like dropping involvement
on this issue altogether.

But there is a serious issue of academic community involvement and
clarification on how they should be included in the "academic and technical"
category. I think that is a matter for CSTD to clarify, not ISOC or any
individual. I would support a letter to CSTD asking for clarification here
in the light of various statements made, as others have suggested. But I
would not support an accusatory or complaining letter to anyone.

Irrespective of anyone else's actions, beliefs, or mistakes, I think keeping
the "civil" in civil society is important in achieving our objectives here.

Ian Peter