[governance] COMMENTS SOUGHT: draft letter to ISOC on selection of T&A nominees for CSTD WG on EC

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Sat Mar 16 10:35:46 EDT 2013

I am self-identifying as a member of the CS community, the technical community, the registry community, the ISOC community, the ICANN community, the IGF community, and whatever other communities that I may think of. Most importantly I am a member of the larger community of people interested in having a say in how the Internet works and is governed. I am part of the multi-stakeholder community.

I don't agree with the letter. It seems to me the result will be to put up barriers between communities rather than build bridges linking them. It is obvious that there is no consensus on this letter as it is. There is no consensus if there should even be a letter. At the very least this letter should not be labelled as being from any community other than those people who sign the letter.

Kerry Brown