[governance] CSTD WG on Enhanced Cooperation : Update

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Mar 15 09:44:18 EDT 2013

On Friday 15 March 2013 06:30 PM, McTim wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM, parminder<parminder at itforchange.net>  wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> This is the key legitimacy question for MSism and I invite the numerous
>> theoreticians and practitioners of MSism in this group to engage with the
>> episode that Michael has been involved in as below in light of this key
>> legitimacy question fro MSism - how do we select representatives, when
>> indeed the occasion comes that not everyone can be seated at the table, not
>> even everyone who turns up.
> I think it ironic that in the technical community processes I'm
> involved in everyone who shows up "gets a seat at the table", while in
> the UN processes that are allegedly MS, there is an insistence on
> "representivity" by CS advocates.

We are not advocating anything, That is the process - take it or leave
it. And I note that you havent left it - did you not offer to be
selected by the IGC nomcom to be CS representative (representative as in
representivity) on the MAG, and your name was actually forwarded by the
nomcom ?
> The T&A Community is a separate grouping because they were (r)ejected
> by folks in CS at WSIS, so I don't see how we can complain they are
> their own SG when we won't tolerate them in our SG!

You identify yourself above as technical community (if you dont I am
still ready to go by your self identification, but just be clear and
dont confuse people here) ..... have you been ejected from civil
society. You have been one of the most active participants in drafting
CS positions here, and as above offered yourself for, and was selected
by the group as, CS nominee for MAG.... So, McTim, what exactly are you
talking about.....

And BTW, at WSIS ISOC registered itself as private sector when the
option was given to it to choose between CS and private sector as the
too only available options. So, again not sure what are you talking
about ISOC having been ejected by folks in CS at WSIS...