[governance] Process for addressing global policy issues (was Re: China's next-generation internet...)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Mar 13 08:43:25 EDT 2013

Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> Instead, lets recognise people's and countries' democratic
> aspirations and real governance needs, and come with good faith to
> the global IG table. Lets start with trying to agree on some highest
> principles for the global governance of the Internet in public
> interest, and also get down to trying to work out agreements on areas
> like net neutrality, freedom of expression and association,
> regulation of global Internet business, tax on global e-commerce,
> security, spam, IPv6 implementation and so on. If we refuse to float
> together we will sink separately; I mean all others than the most
> powerful 1 percent (although I think the number is closer to 8-15
> percent, I will go with the currently in vogue percentage. :) )

So what are the options for processes that can reasonably be expected
to lead to these global policy issues getting address in a good way?

I have already mentioned my "Wisdom task Force" [1] proposal a while
back (I've uploaded a revised version earlier today).
[1] http://wisdomtaskforce.org/RFB/1

Greetings,
Norbert